Wow, can you believe 2016 has flown by so fast? For those that are new to the website, or may have missed some of my articles, I love to wrap up the year with an article featuring the best posts of the year.
I am more amazed every year as we continue to grow together. We had more than 2 million people visit MikeReinold.com this year (a number that amazes me everyday), we had over 300,000 people tune in to the new podcast we launched this year, and we have had 1000’s of people watching my Inner Circle webinars.
In addition to all the great content, I’ve been super busy with new and updated educational products:
- Lenny Macrina and I launched our online program teaching you exactly how we evaluate and treat the knee at OnlineKneeSeminar.com
- Eric Cressey and I launched out latest edition of Functional Stability Training: Optimizing Movement
- We released a recording of our seminar at Champion on how we Bridge the Gap from Rehab to Performance
- Erson Religioso and I updated our online course at IASTMtechnique.com teaching our latest techniques in using IASTM, including cupping and mobility bands
- I “soft” launched my new project EliteBaseballPerformance.com, where I want to create the ultimate online resource for baseball performance. More coming soon…
Wow, what a year! Thanks so much to everyone. Check out the most popular articles, videos, and podcasts of 2016, and I’ll see everyone next year.
Top Article of 2016
This year’s most popular article was a bit of a surprise to me! I know that my readers often have a bit of a baseball interest, but this is the first year that a baseball related article has been the top article of the year!
This article took me months to develop in my mind, but years to come up with some of the research included. Reducing injuries in baseball is a huge area of interest to me, and unfortunately we aren’t getting better, we are getting worse.
The popularity of this article hit mainstream as publications like The Boston Globe actually discussed it along with some noteworthy journalists like Peter Gammons.
Most Popular Articles of 2016
This year featured a nice variety of popular posts, including two guest posts!
- What the Top Fitness and Rehab Experts are Doing Differently This Year – Having such a fresh article, which was just published, featured in this list of best articles of the year is an accomplishment. This article was one of the most popular of the entire year! Glad you enjoyed as the message is important – everyone needs to keep growing.
- Shoulder Impingement – 3 Keys to Assessment and Treatment – This was an older article that I revised for 2016, I really liked putting this one together
- The Best and Easiest Way to Restore Knee Extension – A guest video post from Lenny Macrina showing how he prefers to restore knee extension range of motion.
- Do Tight Hip Flexors Correlate to Glute Weakness? A great review of recent research discussing the often referenced concept.
- Sorry, Sitting Isn’t Really Bad For You – Similar to above, it’s hard for articles published in December to make this list, as they are fairly new, but this one was so popular it made it! Learn what we should really be cautious of, it’s not sitting…
- Working Core Training in 360 Degrees – A guest post from Andrew Millett that does a great job discussing the role of the core.
Most Popular Ask Mike Reinold Podcast Episodes of 2016
Early in 2016 we kicked off our new podcast where we sought to answer YOUR questions on a weekly basis. We really love doing this and hope you are learning from the episodes. Hang out with us for 15 minutes like you are part of our staff meetings at Champion!
We published 49 episodes this year! We just recorded our 50th with a special surprise guest appearance, which is coming in early January! Here are some of the most popular:
- Dispelling Common Internet Myths: Icing, Foam Rolling, and Static Stretching – The top podcast of the year, and not surprising given the title. This was a fun episode!
- Professional Baseball Player Experiences with Tommy John Surgery – This was one of the most popular, but definitely my favorite! In this extra long episode, we talk about Tommy John injuries with 3 professional baseball pitchers currently rehabbing back from surgery.
- Scapula Exercises, IASTM, and Overactive Traps –
- Dry Needling, Opening Your Own Clinic, and Dual Degrees – I’m pretty sure talking about dry needling made this one popular.
- Returning to Pitching after Surgery, Arm Care Programs, and Mechanics that Lead to Injury – Another baseball specific episode.
Most Popular Inner Circle Webinars of 2016
Each month I publish an exclusive presentation for my Inner Circle members. This year I shifted away from always doing a live webinar and more towards recording some of our staff inservices at Champion. I really like this format and found it to be very educational for all. Here are the most popular Inner Circle webinars of the year:
- How to Assess Thoracic Mobility
- Integrating Performance Based Physical Therapy
- 5 Ways to Incorporate Movement into Your Programs
- How to Assess Overhead Shoulder Mobility
- 6 Keys to ACL Rehabilitation
Thanks so much for everyone that has come to this website! See you in 2017…