This week’s Stuff You Should Read comes from Frank Duffy and Physiospot.
Inner Circle Updates
My next Inner Circle webinar 5 Ways to Incorporate Movement in Your Programs is now available. I received a lot of feedback and requests to elaborate on this topic after my past webinar on corrective exercises. In this presentation, I talk about the need to change our focus away from “corrective exercise” and towards “enhancing movement.” Really just a shift in focus, not technique, but an important concept to consider.
This webinar will cover:
- I discuss if we have gone too far with “corrective exercises”
- I overview simply ways to shift your focus towards movement quality
- How I integrate movement into various portions of my programs
- Why I think this is all so important
To access this webinar:
- Inner Circle members click here to access the webinar
- Learn how to access this webinar and much more in my online Inner Circle Mentorship program
Also, I like to offer a special discount for my Inner Circle members each month.This month Eric Cressey and I are offering 20% off our Optimal Shoulder Performance DVD. This is Eric and I’s first collaboration that sets the foundation for success when rehabbing and training the shoulder. Inner Circle members can log into the dashboard to see how to get the discounts!
Michael J. Axe, MD discusses The Use of Performance Enhancing Athletic Wear. In this presentation Dr. Axe discusses uses and evidence for various forms of athletics wear. This presentation will:
- Discuss and define cost, care, and outcome regarding athletic wear.
- Overview different types of garments.
- Discuss athletic wear as a strengthening tool.
Please visit RehabWebinars.com to learn more about joining and accessing this webinar and more than 100 other great webinars:
The #AskMikeReinold Show
On this episode of The #AskMikeReinold show we talk about choosing between becoming a PT, PTA, or personal trainer, quad strength after ACL reconstruction, and isokinetic testing in athletes. To see past episodes, subscribe, and ask us a question for the show please click below:
3 Ways to Improve Your Kettlebell Press
Frank Duffy has a nice article with video demos on Matt Ibrahim’s website on 3 ways to improve your kettlebell press:
Effect of Neurodynamics of Hamstring Flexibility
Physiospot reviews a recent article on the effect of neural sliders and neural tensioners on hamstring flexibility. I’ve been incorporating this a lot lately and will be writing more about this: