This week’s Stuff You Should Read comes from Melissa Lambert, Jim Laird, and Zach Long.
Inner Circle Updates
My Last webinar recording on “The Science Behind Blood Flow Restriction Training” is now available to watch. This is a presentation by one of our past students at Champion, Chris Cutsail. We have started using blood flow restriction training at Champion and tasked Chris with the project of summarizing the available research on the safety and efficacy. He did an amazing job.
This webinar will cover:
- Understand the proposed acute physiologic response to blood flow restriction (BFR) training
- Explain the effectiveness of BFR in promoting muscle hypertrophy, strength gains, and improved performance in both patients with injuries and athletes
- Determine the appropriate parameters for BFR application
- Understand the safety concerns associated with BFR
- My recommendation on affordable BFR devices so you can get started using it too
Not an Inner Circle Member yet?!? In addition to these webinars and this month’s exclusive discount, Inner Circle members have access to years worth of webinars, an exclusive member-only forum to interact, and more!
The #AskMikeReinold Show
On this episode of the #AskMikeReinold show we talk about the impact of unique pelvic structure, how to deal with persistent quad atrophy, and stretching people with shoulder impingement.
To see past episodes, subscribe, and ask us a question for the show please click below:
Building Team Camaraderie with Young Athletes
Melissa Lambert has an article up on athletesacceleration.com talking about how to create a team oriented mindset in young athletes:
Teaching the Swing in Group Classes
Jim Laird has an article up on jimlaird.org talking about how he teaches group classes the swing:
Zach Long has an article up on thebarbellphysio.com talking about how he uses eccentric isometrics to load movement patterns for motor control and strength gains: