The latest Inner Circle webinar recording on How to Assess the Scapula is now available.
How to Assess the Scapula
This month’s Inner Circle webinar is a live demonstration of How to Assess the Scapula. In this recording of a live student inservice from Champion, I overview everything you should (and shouldn’t) be looking for when assessing the scapula. When someone has a big nerve injury with significant winging or scapular dyskinesis, the assessment of the scapula is pretty easy. But how do you detect the subtle alterations in posture, position, and dynamic movement? By being able to identify a few subtle findings, you can really enhance how you write a rehab or training program.
In this webinar, I’ll cover:
- What to look for in regard to static posture and scapular position
- How to check to see if static postural asymmetries really have an impact on dynamic scapular movement
- What really is normal scapulothoracic rhythm (if there really is a such thing as normal!)?
- How to reliably assess for scapular dyskinesis
- How winging during the concentric and eccentric phases of movement changes my thought process
- How to see if scapular position or movement is increasing shoulder pain
- How to see if scapular position or movement is decreasing shoulder strength
To access this webinar:
- Inner Circle members click here to access the webinar
- Learn how to access this webinar and much more in my online Inner Circle Mentorship program