Thoracic mobility drills are commonly given to people to enhance mobility. I have shown some common thoracic mobility drills in the past, and recently showed a newer muscle energy technique I have been using. If you haven’t seen these yet, you should check them out:
- Simple Thoracic Spine Mobility Exercises Everyone Can Perform
- Thoracic Mobility Muscle Energy Technique
- How I Enhance Thoracic Mobility
One of my big principles of rehabilitation and corrective exercises is that you follow up mobility drills with some sort of activation or strengthening drill. You want to use the body in this newly gained mobility.
For some reason, I feel like this is often ignored with thoracic mobility.
I would actually argue that a very common reason for having limited thoracic mobility is poor endurance into thoracic extension. The muscles can’t maintain an extended posture and resort to the path of least resistance, a slouched posture.
If you are going to spend time working on thoracic extension mobility, you should follow that up by working on thoracic extension endurance.
In the video below I show an extremely easy way to start working on thoracic extension endurance. Certainly not groundbreaking, but an important drill that is often overlooked.
An Easy Drill to Enhance Thoracic Extension
Learn How I Enhance Thoracic Mobility
If you want to learn more about how I enhance thoracic mobility, I have a presentation on Enhancing Thoracic Mobility. I review some of the self mobility and manual therapy techniques I use to enhance thoracic mobility. This webinar will cover:
- The importance of thoracic mobility
- Manual therapy techniques to improve thoracic mobility
- My favorite self mobility drills to improve thoracic mobility on your own
- Correct exercises to enhance movement after gaining thoracic mobility
- How to put it all together to maximize outcomes
To access this presentation:
- Current Inner Circle members can click here to access the webinar, or…
- You can purchase access to this presentation for only $10, or…
- Join my Inner Circle to access all my webinars and much more for only $10/month